Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The O'Keeffe Effect

Beauty is like medicine to the heart. Art is a flower planted in the soul.

When my soul came back into my self, I began keeping a journal again. In it, I wrote a vision for my life.

Right before I left Colorado, I'd read an article about the legendary artist, Georgia O'Keeffe. It captured my imagination - her solitary loveliness, her fierce aesthetic, her independence.

She inspired my vision. Someday I would live in an adobe house in New Mexico. And I would be a painter.

1 comment:

AngelStar said...

I don't know how I knew to write a vision for my life. I think it was intuitive, though in the past few years many spiritual writers and teachers reccommend it. It is amazing how these visions tend to come true...just not as quickly as we would like...it took fourteen years before I actually lived in New Mexico.