Monday, February 15, 2010

The Key to Happiness

On my walk today to Inspiration Point (my own name for a spot overlooking Maple Canyon), I had an inspiration. Or the Spirit whispered in my ear.

"The key to finding happiness is to allow your self to be happy."

Sometimes we have to give ourselves permission to be happy. It's that simple, yet that profound.

On my walk back, at the corner of the beautiful community garden on Juniper Street, an older gentleman leaned down to pick something up from the walk. I guessed he had found a lucky penny.

He said, "Did you lose a key?" and showed me the shiny silver key he'd found. I said no, but it looks important. He laid it on a mailbox. It seemed symbolic. Maybe we have all lost a key. And maybe the above saying can help us open a door again.

* * *

A long time ago I wrote:
Joy is a little room with a door - Your name is written on that door.

(I always see the door as yellow...what color is your door?)

2 comments:

Anne said...

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
~Guilaume Apollinaire

AngelStar said...

Thank you, Anne. Very apt phrase.