Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Letter To The World

September 11
(a song)

In my heart I wrote a letter to the world
it sounds sad to say I wrote it with my tears
but I did

And I know that there are those who die in wars
and I know that children go to bed unfed
it makes me sad
it makes me mad

And there are some who say There Is No God
did we forget he gave the world to us?
if you do bad you will have bad,
if you do good you will have good,
Hey, hey, this is a story we're all writing!

In my heart I wrote a letter to the world
it sound sad to say I wrote it with my tears
but I did
and then it disappeared...


Star Saint Claire, September 11, 2011

6 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Beautiful and very apt for today. May tears no longer be shed. Take care
x

Fresh Garden said...

I'm always here with you.

AngelStar said...

this posted at 11:11 totally by chance, i just noticed. what are the odds? (and there are those who say there is no God...)

Toyin O. said...

Very poignant, thanks for sharing.

Susan Payton said...

Very true and very eloquently said. If we spent more time caring and doing things for each other, perhaps there would be less destructive things going on.
Less people feeling the need for drugs, and more people showing love and caring.
Beautiful post. Thanks for letting me visit.

AngelStar said...

thank you Susan and Toyin for your heartfelt comments...I have been hibernating and offline for the winter...