Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Self Preservation

One day last spring I walked to Inspiration point to be alone with the birds and trees and view. A man was there. I thought about self defense.

I thought about the part of me that stayed in my marriage. I have always castigated and denigrated her.

Suddenly she rose up. She would kill anyone who tried to hurt me. It was a lie that kept me in my marriage, she said. It was the ego. It was not her, the self I had long blamed.

I left and walked across the bridge as if it were a pilgrimage.

When I arrived home, this self, this strong survivor, wrote down these words:

Extreme self-preservation involves making those choices which most closely align life with the heart's trajectory.

This is the truth I am trying to live in now.

11 comments:

Old Kitty said...

May your inner warrior protect and keep you safe and happy!

Take care
x

Ralph said...

I will now go and give thought to these words as the day moves onward. Thanks for those words and thoughts. Glad to be back.

AngelStar said...

meow to kitty and cheers to ralph and much love to all readers of my wandering words

Pat Wahler said...

Excellent story of triumph over the anxiety that keeps us rooted in the past.

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Awesome quote, Angel-Star! Keep your inner warrior alive and write on!

Anonymous said...

I relate to this post and I thank you for it. Survivor to survivor I applaud your truth and your return to your authentic self. May you go from strength to strength.

AngelStar said...

yay, little seed. may you go in grace...

Ralph said...

Missing hearing from you on this blog keep looking Hope all is well with you.

Ralph said...

Where have you gone I am missing your posts

Ralph said...

Missing you so much keep coming back in the hope a new post will be here

AngelStar said...

thank you, ralph. google thought you were spamming me hahahaha...